The Mediator of consumption may refuse to act upon your application if:
- you have not submitted a complaint to the other party;
- the dispute has no real justification or is delusional;
- the dispute has been or is being examined by another entity seeking amicable settlement, an arbitration tribunal or a court, whether in Luxembourg or abroad;
- you have submitted your application more than one year after making a complaint to the other party;
- dealing with the problem would seriously hamper the functioning of the National service of the Mediator of consumption; and
- the application does not concern a dispute between a consumer and a trader arising from a sale or service contract.